Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Heart

Saturday morning I woke up to a startling scream, then silence... I picked my baby up to bring him into the light and saw his eyes rolling back and his hands in tight fists...... my heart dropped and my tears poured... tried to gain composure to call 911.. the operator could barely hear me because I always let my baby chew on the phone.. ugh... but I knew he was having a seizure.. Ive seen it before in friends and family, never thought I would witness it with my baby boy.. :( the paramedics got to us when it was over and he was acting like a regular little boy but with a fever and they told me that was normal for young babies to get seizures when they have high temps.  I took him in myself to get checked out instead of a ride on the ambulance.. right after they said he would be fine he had another seizure, I couldnt stop crying because the dr got nervous.. then anther while my mom was there and each one lasted longer and my heart hurt more and more, My heart ached for my babys smile while he layed there staring up at nothing while the seizure took over his chubby yet tough little body.  No response from him for awhile no calling out to be carried or hugged.... all I could do was pray.......

4 comments:

Angeles said...

that's the saddest story. i'm so sad for you. i will call you. hope everything's okay. love my nephew!

pwincessdi said...

Oh Kalo I'm so so sorry! I am praying for you and your family. Hopefully he doesn't have more! Love you BABY!!! :(

Ty & Em said...

I am so sorry!! Seriously let me know if I can do anything for you!! I hope they can find out why!! Being a mom is so hard especially when it comes to your little ones! Your amazing!!

~LADY FA'AUMU~ said...

awwww KALO!!!! I know you hate feeling helpless while your baby is laying there and all you want to do is make it stop!! you poor thing. I hope and pray this wont be a long term thing. Continue to stay strong for your family.

I remember the same happened to my niece and her parents as well as myself were just so freaked out! Love you Kalo...i hope everything works out my love!