Friday, May 20, 2011

We are simply blessed

I laugh when my husband says it the best day of my life ha ha but it really has been one of the many happy times.  6 yrs ago we got married but 5 years ago we were sealed, Im so grateful but especially humbled to see where we have come in this time together.  Love is something that everyone seems to have different definitions of.  Bell Hooks writes in her book about how SELF LOVE is the foundation of our loving practice, without it our other efforts to love fail.  Giving ourselves love we provide our inner being with the opportunity to have the unconditional love we may have always longed to receive from someone else. This is a nice awakining that has seem to go wrong in modern society, to fall victim is to never experience true happiness and through gospel principals and knowing my family can be forever through righteous actions, I have come to Love with faith because I have felt and still feel my saviors love and therefore have been tremendously blessed with my Love.  Bell Hooks inspired me to use Love more as an action than a saying, one of her quotes that inspires me and makes me smile
"Living simply makes loving simple."

4 comments:

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Awww...cute!! Love you n your beautiful family.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I love that.... "living simply makes loving simply" Happy Anniversary you two!! 6 years and eternity to go!! <3's

pwincessdi said...

I need to get that book foreal :) Thanks for sharing the lessons you learn, it's always gratifying to learn something new isn't it. I learned from you that day about this book you have read, and now want to read it. Anywho I also wanna thank u for thinking of my family while at the temple, you rock :)

Anonymous said...

Living simply makes loving simple, love that!! :) Happy belated Anniversary!! You have such a beautiful family!